This museum, which opened in 1929, has been in the Palace of the Dukes of Bragança since 1978, close to the Praça de Camões square and Chaves Town Hall. From 1997 onwards, it became essentially an archaeological museum, and the main museum for the Flaviense Region. Its contents date from between the third millennium BC and the period of Roman occupation, and is divided into two main sections: the Pre-Roman Period and the Roman Period. It also has a section dedicated to modern art, with a permanent exhibition of paintings by Nadir Afonso, a painter and architect born in Chaves.
Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/museusdechaves