The Cathedral was built during the century. XVI by city council initiative and with the support of the Duke D. Teodósio. It was intended initially to be a convent of the Order of Santa Clara, but was occupied by the Jesuits between 1562 and 1759, working as a College. In 1764, when he moved the seat of Miranda’s bishopric to Bragança, the church was the Cathedral, when he suffered expansion works.
This is particularly the Renaissance portal with Baroque elements on the north side facade. In the center, we can see a niche with a Virgin of Milk with the Child. The interior is very decorated, especially the triumphal arch with the arms of the city, the high altar of gilt century. XVIII and the side altarpieces from the same period.
It is worth visiting the sacristy of the century. XVII, where we found an ornate chest of drawers with high quality oil paintings depicting scenes from the life of St. Francis of Assis and St. Ignatius. In the painted ceiling repeats St. Ignatius the subject.
The Renaissance cloister, with two floors, retains its original structure.